CONTEST TERMS & CONDITIONS
THESE ARE THE STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE GIFT CARD CONTEST ADMINISTERED BY DYE & DURHAM (THE “CONTEST”). YOUR ENTRY IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”) AND ANY FAILURE BY YOU TO COMPLY WITH THE CONTEST RULES (IN WHOLE OR PART) WILL VOID YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY.
- The Contest will commence Tuesday, January 17, 2023 and will run until Friday, March 3, 2023 (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted.
ENTRIES & PRIZES
- Each law firm that accepts a bona fide referral or request from an approved brokerage during the Contest Period to access and process real estate conveyancing information utilizing Dye & Durham’s Unity platform will receive five (5) entries into the Contest for the first referral/request they accept during the Contest Period and one (1) additional entry for each subsequent referral/request they accept during the Contest Period.
- Each Contest prize shall be a gift card of five hundred dollars (CAD $500.00), or a substituted prize of similar value (such substitution shall be at the sole discretion of Dye & Durham). Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of Dye & Durham.
- Following the end of the applicable Contest Period, Dye & Durham will select five (5) entries by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received for the Contest. If an entrant does not respond within three (3) business days of notification that they are the winner of a prize, they will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant may be selected (as determined by Dye & Durham in its sole discretion). Dye & Durham is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for Dye & Durham to receive a selected entrant’s response.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Dye & Durham assumes no responsibility or liability for any losses, costs or expenses of any kind relating to or arising in connection with, the Contest. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, Dye & Durham assumes no responsibility or liability for the following:
(a) for incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to in these Contest Rules as part of the prize description, including, without limitation, any costs or expenses concerning the activation, use, loss or malfunction of the gift cards;
(b) for any lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry;
(c) for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest;(d) for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries;
(e) for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing or otherwise;
(f) for any injury or damage to any entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials related to the Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize; and
(g) in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Dye & Durham, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest.
PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant: (i) grants to Dye & Durham the right to use it/his/her name and personal information for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winners and coordinating the provision of the Contest prize; and (ii) grants to Dye & Durham the right to use it/his/her name and personal information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest in any and all media without further compensation of any kind.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by Dye & Durham and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- Dye & Durham reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate any Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend a Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Any interpretation of these Contest Rules will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail to the extent of such inconsistency.